Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Review: If I Stay by Gayle Forman

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeenyear- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she fi nds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...
A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make - and the ultimate choice Mia commands.
My review:

Seventeenyear-old Mia had wonderful life. She had a gorgeous boyfriend who was madly in love with her, tolerant and loving parents and a musical talent. She was dealing with choice whether go to the prestigious musical college in New York City or stay with her boyfriend, family and friends.

But one moment changed everything. Mia´s family went out for a drive and crashed. Her little brother, her kind parents, everybody died, except for her. Now she must dealing with the most important question - does she want to be still alive?

Gayle Forman´s writing is awesome. You feel like a part of book from the first pages. Plot, characters, everything in this book is convincing, the author made it perfectly. Telling of story is from Mia´s point of view. She is really likeable character. There are parts about what Mia is going through now and parts, where she is recalling memories of her brother Teddy, parents, member of her family, her boyfriend Adam. I must to admit that Mia and Adam are beautiful couple. You see their love everywhere in this book. Mia is very young but she must make very difficult decisions. If she stay in this world - without the closest relatives of hers - or not. If I Stay is heartbreaking, sort of sad, sort of happy, must-read publication, full of love and awesome quotes. I really recommend you this book. And don´t miss the sequel Where She Went which should be even better than If I Stay.

Stars rating:

Book trailer:


My favourite quote:
"If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater