Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #1

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi
Publication: November 15th 2011 by HarperTeen

Book Description:
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old-girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color. 
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now. 
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. 
In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting asThe Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.
I read many good things about this book and I can´t wait to read it. Check out these awesome reviews.

9 comments:

Cassia said...

Thank you! :)

YA Book Queen said...

Wonderful pick! I love the sound of this one, very unique...I can't wait to see what the final cover will look like :)

Marla said...

Hi! I'm a new follower from Waiting on Wednesday. Love the Shiver-inspired blog theme. :) I really want to read this one, as well. It sounds so interesting and the premise seems so unique. Excellent choice.

My WoW post

-Melissa @Reading By Moonlight said...

This seems quite unique and intriguing. Added to my TBR list. Great pick and Happy Reading! :)

Cassia said...

Thank you for your comments! :)

LoveOfBooks said...

Hi! New follower :-)

This sounds really good. Is it part of a series? I'll have check it out.

~Christy Love of Books

Cassia said...

Hi Christy,
Shatter Me is debut by Tahereh Mafi and I think it is just a single book now. Maybe she will write it as part of a series if it will have a success. It's dystopian novel. Yeah, it sounds really good. :)
And thank you for being a follower! I follow your blog back. :)

LoveOfBooks said...

I added it to my TBR list. Have you seen the cover? I guess they just revealed it.

And thanks for following me back.

Cassia said...

Yes, I posted the cover here immediately when it has been revealed. It is really nice. :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater